Listing Websites about Quetiapine Fumarate
FAQ about Quetiapine Fumarate
What conditions does quetiapine fumarate treat?
QUETIAPINE FUMARATE ER. QUETIAPINE (kwe TYE a peen) is an antipsychotic. It is used to treat schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, also known as manic-depression. It is also used to treat major depression in combination with antidepressants.
Can you get high off of quetiapine fumarate?
That said, quetiapine fumerate is a prescription antipsychotic used in the treatment of serious mental illness. Think bipolar, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder. Very un-fun, severe, chronic illnesses. If you want to get high, try something safe like running, sex, or the stage. More › 312 People Used More Info ›› Visit site >
When to take quetiapine?
Quetiapine is also FDA approved for the following indications:
- Acute treatment of manic episodes of bipolar disorder
- Acute treatment of depressive episodes of bipolar disorder
- Maintenance (long-term) treatment of bipolar disorder (when used alone or with lithium or valproate)
- Adjunctive treatment of major depressive disorder. This means quetiapine is used in addition to an antidepressant to help treat depression.
What are the side effects of quetiapine?
- Dry, puffy skin
- fast, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- loss of appetite
- menstrual changes
- unusual secretion of milk (in females)
- weight gain